Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork, integrity, honesty, professionalism, excellence and open communication; includes managing, mentoring, coaching, and technical development of all human resources; provide opportunities for direct reports that support diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
- Provide legal and administrative direction to the Transmission Project Development Legal Coordination team necessary to ensure that all contracts and agreements are complete, on schedule, and allow for the execution of the clean energy, interconnection and large-scale transmission projects.
- Oversee the Legal Coordination team in their efforts to develop and support the legal needs of 3rd party, interconnection and internal organization associated with these projects.
- Ensure that the Legal Coordination team meets their deadlines for deliverables and resolves legal, regulatory, administrative, and financial issues which may arise during the preparation, development, negotiation and execution of the clean energy, interconnection and large-scale transmission projects.
- Interface regularly with Law for their approval of the legal deliverables as well as with Transmission Planning, Energy Services, SSO, CENG, EH&S, Facilities, Real Estate, and other organizations in the development of the legal deliverables.
- Liaison with outside agencies, other utilities, developers and major contractors as required. Will establish effective lines of communication among departments: Engineering, Law, Real Estate, Public Affairs, Purchasing, SSO, EH&S, Construction and other organizations to ensure proficient and timely completion of legal support activities.
- Responsible for meeting the department's performance measures and department corporate goals. Will participate in problem solving, root cause analysis and lead lessons learned activities.
- Review the implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for all team members; and ensure that all Company environmental policies and governmental regulations are followed.
- Manage the section's Clearing, O&M, Capital, and 3rd party billable budgets; meet Key Performance Indicators and goals, and allocate organizational resources as required.
- Support the needs of Con Edison during System Emergencies and Equipment Outages.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service and an ability to manage a range of stakeholders, both within the Company and externally; includes facilitating efficient problem solving, balancing customer needs against project requirements, and employing conflict resolution practices where required.
- Juris Doctorate Accredited New York law school or admitted in New York Bar And 10 years of full-time applicable work experience Practice in regulatory, environmental and / or transactional fields
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, management and computer skills. Required
- Understanding of and familiarity with the Federal Interconnection Process, including Attachments X, P, Y, and S of the Open Access Transmission Tariff.
- Familiarity with the permitting process for new generation and transmission in NY State.
- Be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with various levels of management and representatives of outside organizations.
- Possess strong and the ability to read and summarize lengthy legal and regulatory documents. Required
- Proven track record of relationship building, benchmarking, and negotiating with external stakeholders including Federal/State/City agencies, developers, contractors, fellow utilities, other private entities, and the general public. Preferred
- Familiarity with environmental, transactional and regulatory legal requirements as they pertain to permitting new infrastructure, federal interconnection projects and transmission work Preferred
- Familiarity with industry trends and Federal, State and City regulations impacting Clean Energy. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Admission to the NY Bar Upon Hire Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to work in the field and office environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and surrounding areas, and travel to company locations.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to walk extensively, climb ladders, perform inspections in manholes and trenches, and travel or walk on uneven paths.
- Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions, both indoors, outdoors.
- Must be willing and able to work in the vicinity of high voltage equipment (live electricity), transmission lines, and confined spaces.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.