Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support the Company's electric, gas, steam construction permitting activities. Ensuring that all permits, summons and DOT matters are addressed
- Oversee employee work schedules and training schedules to comply with Federal, State, City and surrounding jurisdictions as well as company standards.
- Maintain proper levels of material in stock and manage the procurement process for the team.
- Support a culture of honesty, trust, integrity and encourage openness on all issues.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all construction activities by reviewing procedures and standards with all employees
- Promote a customer service oriented approach among team members by stressing professionalism, courtesy, concern and excellence within the unit
- Evaluate unit performance, assist in determining human resource needs and provide input into the organization's budget, training, safety and environmental plans and/or programs
- Environmental and Safety: Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Monitors compliance with Company policies and procedures e.g., Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Substance Abuse, Discipline, Security, Code of Conduct, Productivity and Environmental Instructions
- Fill in for Manager/or Supervisor when required.
- As necessary, provide support for the Manager, Section Manager, and Director with other issues such as monitoring and tracking of overall departmental performance (e.g. Key Performance Indicators - KPIs), support with Construction Issues, departmental and executive level presentations, and data analysis.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And with 5 years work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with 4 years work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And with 2 years work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Construction And 2-3 years of experience Preference in Construction Management/Public Improvement or general construction
Relevant Work Experience
- relevant experience including 1 year of experience associated with the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) ''Highway Rules'' Required
- Work experience in the Construction, Electric, Gas, or Steam operations that perform street work Required
- Knowledge of specifications and procedures of contracts Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of union and construction contract administration procedures. Preferred
- Knowledge of the NYCDOT permitting process and requirements, including the NYCDOT's NYCStreets permit application system is preferred Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings. And
- Ability to build strong customer relationships And
- Effective negotiation skills And
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion And
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines And
- Experience in a regulated environment And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work occasional extended or non-traditional hours due to Department or Company emergencies
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE
- Requires the use of personal vehicle
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.