Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Designs regulating stations, inside plant industrial customer and specialty pressure reduction equipment. Prepares cost estimates and design sketches as required for these designs, including the associated budgetary paperwork/appropriations. Tracks actual cost against estimates. Performs economic evaluations of various designs. May act as the project leader on those projects requiring support/involvement of multiple departments or organizations.
- Ensures all designs for new and reconstruction projects are in compliance with all regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Oversees major projects during construction to insure satisfactory completion. Approves field designs and changes.
- Establishes, and acts as Project Manager on R&D projects associated with gas distribution system SCADA controls and software system.
- Evaluates new gas pressure regulating equipment, ROV controls, SCADA electronics and material for use on the gas system at transmission gate stations, district and industrial regulator stations.
- Champions the integration of new software controls and system diagnostic tools/applications in conjunction with SCADA requirements.
- Provides technical and training support to other departments concerning gas distribution system operations, seasonal pressure settings, network flow constraints, critical equipment adjustments.
- Performs field training to other departments of system operations, regulator station equipment, SCADA controls software operation.
- Makes recommendations to improve/retrofit obsolete or outdated equipment and prepares annual and five year capital budget requests to support these activities.
- Responds to system emergencies and coordinates with Gas Control, Regional Operations, ad ERC personnel, to rectify and repair comprised elements.
- Delegation for Department Manager during absences and vacations as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical with 8 years of engineering work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Extensive knowledge of design, repair, and maintenance of gas distribution systems, pressure regulating stations / equipment, power generation (as applicable), mechanical and controls systems, as well as associated equipment.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations concerning pressure regulation equipment/designs.
- Working knowledge of gas transmission and distribution system, regulator stations, ROV's, and general system operation.
- Demonstrated experience with SCADA equipment, controls, electronic hardware, software and field equipment.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Available for emergency work 24/7 as required by system conditions.
- Must be capable or working at elevations and within tunnels.
- Must successfully pass background check.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.