Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for the management of the regulatory compliance programs within Gas Control. This includes oversight and responsibility for the department's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Control Room Management (CRM) Programs. This includes management and oversight of Gas Control's responsibilities pertaining to all in-scope online application systems, written documentations and reviews, and internal and 3rd party program auditing.
- This individual will play a key role in ensuring compliance to all Gas Control regulatory requirements including user access review and auditing, quarterly and annual user reviews, spearheading annual written procedure reviews with identified SME's, and serve as a liaison/representative for Gas Control with corporate and organization compliance departments for internal and external program audits.
- This individual will work with Gas Control management team to ensure all elements of the CRM Written Plan are understood, up-to-date, and complied with. This individual will lead all CRM management of change efforts, new programs/projects related to CRM, teams/committees, and CRM program related communications, reports, and analytics.
- Additionally, will provide regular reports on the effectiveness of the department's compliance measures and advise leadership on any actions or changes that should be implemented and work to implement the changes. Work with regulatory groups to identify upcoming legislation or requirements for incorporation into the department's compliance programs.
- Manage the continued compliance posture of Gas Control's regulatory compliance programs. Serve as the primary point of contact for Gas Control with internal and external parties for compliance validation and auditing.
- Manage compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements for Gas Control.
- Manage SOX yearly and quarterly program requirements including user access auditing, annual review of procedure requirements and yearly and quarterly program requirements required for SOX compliance
- Serve as Gas Control's liaison for SOX compliance and work with IT, internal Corporate auditors and external auditors as required during audit phases.
- Manage control documentation and retention under the SOX compliance program
- Gas Control's Control Room Management (CRM) Program, TSA Cybersecurity requirements and CEO Certification requirements.
- Author all changes to the CRM Written Plan and associated appendices.
- Transportation Security Administration Cybersecurity Compliance
- Act as the primary point of contact for Gas Control with the TSA Compliance Program Manager for evidence management.
- Initiate and lead period review and continuous improvement of Gas Control's Cyber Attack Response Plan and response plan for manual operation of the Company's Gas Transmission and Distribution systems
- Coordinate documentation of Gas Control's Operational Technology (OT) Asset Inventory with the Information Technology Business Systems Delivery (BSD) Gas and Steam Control Center Section and Gas Pressure Control Departments.
- Schedule, participate, and document Gas Control's Cybersecurity exercises, document improvement opportunities, and track to completion.
- Control Room Management
- Maintain and manage the department's Control Room Management compliance program.
- Initiate, track, and present to the Gas Control Department Manager the annual program documentation review, including the plan and any/all supplementary supporting documentation and procedures.
- Evaluate and/or create all required Control Room Management reports on a defined, periodic basis for presentation to departmental and organizational management as defined with the Plan. Identify and implement streamlined and/or automated processes to reduce manual report generation.
- Schedule required periodic review meetings for evaluation of operational data and identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Serve as the Department's Fatigue Risk Manager for implementation of the Fatigue Risk Management System.
- Work with the Associate Chief Gas System Operator and other identified key stakeholders for performance monitoring, rationalization, and improvement of the Gas Operations Supervisory System (GOSS) alarm system.
- Work with the Training Senior Gas System Operator on the implementation of the Training Plan and incorporation of operational experience and lessons learned into the Gas System Operator training program.
- CEO Certification
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all Gas Control assigned CEO Certification controls.
- Review, update, and elevate to management any identified gaps or required changes to ensure Enterprise compliance.
- Perform and document CRM and SOX compliance checks
- Author and maintain new and existing CRM and SOX processes/procedures.
- Responsible for communication and facilitation of change management
- Conduct impact analysis, assess changes readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Work with user groups to further enhance OQ understanding and gain buy-in for future improvements.
- Creates and sustains a workplace environment that fosters inclusion, leadership, professionalism, safety, operational excellence, integrity, and courtesy.
- Assist Department Manager and Operations Manager with coordination, preparation and reporting of significant activities
- Prepare presentations for executive use.
- Perform other task and assignments as required.
- Lead and coordinate with Gas Compliance on all DPS Staff requests including but not limited to special audits, ad hoc requests and CEO certification requirements
- Work with Gas Regulatory Programs for intake and interpretation of new regulations that might impact CRM or Gas Control activities.
- Keeps current on best industry practices and company and regulatory policies.
- Bachelor's Degree Communications, English, Business, Engineering, Organizational Development or related field And 4 years Related experience Or
- Master's Degree Communications, English, Business, Engineering, Organizational Development or related field And 3 years Related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant work experience in engineering, construction or other operating areas. Required
- Must possess strong technical competence, be well organized, and detail oriented. Required
- Must be proficient in mathematics. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively interact with subordinates, colleagues and various levels of management. Required
- Relevant work experience in gas systems (transmission, distribution or gas supply) . Preferred
- Knowledge of gas pressures and flows. Preferred
- Knowledge of GOSS, GDO, and COTs. Preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional team with a matrix organizational structure. Preferred
- Experience with culture change initiatives and communications to support culture change preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of Archer. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work in various field locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel outside of the Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to travel to attend various meetings at non-Company locations.
- Must be able to visit field sites in all types of weather as required and wear the associated PPE.
- Background Check Required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.