Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adheres to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), discipline and security.
- Manage R&D projects in assigned areas and monitor R&D projects that are managed by other Company organizations. This responsibility will include the evaluation of R&D needs and making recommendations about potential solutions and projects. The engineer will be expected to provide technical expertise and guidance for the projects; develop project rationales, cost benefit analyses, budget estimates, scopes-of-work, requests for proposals, contractor selection and bid evaluations; evaluate results and recommend implementation plans.
- Analyzes and controls project expenditures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to operating departments during project reviews to keep projects on track and within budget.
- Evaluates project results, recommends follow-on work and coordinates with users to implement results.
- Maintains state of the art technical expertise and cognizance in discipline area through contacts and interaction with leading experts in the technical community; as directed, conducts studies on advanced technologies of interest to the Company's management.
- Represents the Company and articulates its need on committees and task forces established to coordinate industry research efforts.
- Demonstrates cooperative arrangements with other R&D organizations, whereby R&D projects of common interest may be jointly funded.
- May perform other related assignments as well.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have eight years applicable work experience in engineering support within the utility industry Required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Access Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel to all Con Edison sites requiring support including buildings, plants and substations.
- Travel to off-site vendor locations, industry committee meeting venues etc. may also be required from time to time.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.