Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Directs the development of roadmaps in one or more IT domains, i.e. solution, application, business or data/information architecture. Ensures integration within and between domains by assessing solution options and guiding the development of application portfolios, information/data models and other models of the business and IT environments. Establishes and/or collaborates on technical standards, development, integration and maintenance. This position is necessary to optimize the company's IT portfolio and provide strong technical guidance on IT's short and long term strategy.
- Drives the development of architectures around one or more technology domains (e.g. application, data, advanced technologies, Software As A Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, etc) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Monitors the IT & business industry as well as best practices; develops strategies for implementation. Communicates & influences strategic direction & can represent IR at senior executive level
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for the integration of business processes, applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor & internally developed applications.
- Manage projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards; manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews. Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Develops staff as needed; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of junior technical staff
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Minimum of 8 years relevant experience designing, developing, implementing technologies in one or more domains, e.g. applications or data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred. Minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Training and/or certification in one or more domains desired, e.g. application architecture, data architecture, IT Infrastructure, business/process architecture or redesign.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience designing, developing, implementing technologies in one or more domains, e.g. applications or data. Required
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard implementations. Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required
- Must be experienced in one of the following technologies and practices; Big Data/Analytics, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS), mobile, sensors (Internet of Things), Oracle Financial Suite, Customer Care and Billing, Work Management Systems or Integration Services. Required
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available application suites Preferred
- At least two (2) years of leadership or managerial experience preferred Preferred
- Experience and/or formal training or certification in Project Management preferred Preferred
- Seeking an applications architect with deep & direct experience in Utility Customer, Electric fieldwork, Asset, IoT, bigdata domains. Must be a seasoned leader/expert architecting apps with SOA, Cloud services, DevSecOps, MS/java & modern tool stack, etc.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.