Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Attorney is responsible for providing legal services, including legal counsel and advice to internal clients, structuring transactions, and working extensively with contracts and program documents related to Con Edison clean energy programs and initiatives and the procurement of goods and services.
- Review, analyze, negotiate and draft contracts and other legal documents.
- Analyze and structure transactions, including pilots/ demonstration projects, and clean energy programs and initiatives.
- Counsel and advise internal clients and company management
- Perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
- Review, analyze, prepare comments, and advise on proposed rules, regulations and legislation
- Perform administrative functions relating to the operation of the Law Department.
- Perform other legal services, tasks and assignments as required.
- All of the foregoing is expected to be handled: Sr Attorney (63) - with less than moderate supervision.
- Juris Doctorate Admission to the New York State Bar required
Relevant Work Experience
- Sr Attorney (63) - Minimum of seven (7) years relevant transactional experience, including structuring and analyzing transactions, reviewing, negotiating and drafting contracts, advising clients regarding same Required
- Ability to manage, with appropriate level of supervision, all aspects of a transaction, including, structuring and analyzing the transaction, reviewing, negotiating and drafting transaction documents and advising internal clients regarding same Required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent negotiation, presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills, and must be able to adopt a proactive customer-centric mentality. Required
- Must possess a good working knowledge of contract and commercial legal principles. Required
- Writing samples are required and should include examples of both narrative writing and contract drafting. Required
- Must be flexible and able to handle busy work environment Required
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas:
- energy efficiency and demand management programs and initiatives, pilots/demonstration projects, and/or e-mobility programs and initiatives; design-build/engineering, procurement and construction transaction models and contracts; privacy issues; cyber security issues; government contracting; intellectual property legal principles, transactions, rules, regulations and filings; mergers and acquisitions transactions and contracts; financial hedging transactions and contracts, including ISDAs. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.