Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support Con Edison's employee engagement programs, including the company volunteer program, matching gift, culture card program, and related special events.
- Provide logistical support for volunteer events, including coordinating with nonprofit partner groups and employees, and tracking participation on volunteer website.
- Provide on-site event support at employee engagement events and programs.
- Coordinate internal and external communications around events, including opportunities for promotion with photo, video, and media relations.
- Plan large-scale employee recognition events, departmental meetings, as well as facilitate participation in external events.
- Support matching gift program, including manual matching gift processing and tracking program data for quarterly reporting.
- Coordinate educational outreach programs, including facilitating in-person site visits.
- Support additional employee engagement programs, including, but not limited to, the company's board service program and employee children's scholarship program.
- Deliver in-person presentations to promote employee engagement programs.
- Support database and vendor management for employee engagement platforms.
- Perform other related administrative tasks and assignments as required.
- Serve as emergency responder and participate in all aspects of Corporate Affairs responsibilities during emergencies and assist in preparation of emergency preparedness information.
- Bachelor's Degree with two years of related work experience, Or
- Associate's Degree with four years of related work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with event coordination and community outreach. Preferred
- Experience with employee engagement and grant making databases. Preferred
- Experience engaging in multiple team-based, competing projects and executing to meet deadlines. Preferred
- Detail-oriented and an eye for consistency, accuracy, and precision in all areas of work. Preferred
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills to respond to and manage unexpected issues. Preferred
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments. Preferred
- Self-starter but collaborative, team player. Preferred
- Skilled in being direct yet graceful''. Preferred
- Organized, planned and adaptive. Preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.