Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Mechanic B working within the Transmission Line Maintenance section will assist Chief Line Constructors from the ground on overhead transmission facilities. Work shall include operating and controlling hand lines on capstans, operating winches and heavy equipment, organizing tools and equipment, and ordering material. Ensure that all vehicles, specialized equipment, tools, and PPE are tested in accordance with specifications and in good working order. Candidates are expected to develop a working knowledge of the equipment quickly.
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 1 year of work experience in the maintenance, construction, or operation of mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic systems, or related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience reading blueprints and sketches and must be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas are required: use of hand and power tools, troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems, operating, securing and transporting heavy equipment and material, safe work practices and knowledge of environmental policies and procedures. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Class B Required And
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Class A 1 Year Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confined spaces
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.