Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Who We Are:
- At Con Edison, we celebrate a long and proud history of energizing the most vibrant region in the country. We provide safe and reliable energy to our customers while protecting the environment and fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce. No matter heat waves or cold snaps, we are here to provide the level of service our customers deserve and expect. So come join our team and help us build a brighter future.
- What's In It For You:
- Come be a part of our Transmission Planning & Development team, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will be on the cutting edge of the clean energy future and a part of redesigning our systems to integrate and deliver renewable supplies to our customers! You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared, and new ideas are welcomed.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Engage with subject matter experts across Con Edison to interpret NERC Standards and ensure high standards of compliance.
- Coordinate company compliance activities with NPCC and NERC and respond to NERC Alerts.
- Oversee the NERC Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program at Con Edison, maintaining high standards of excellence.
- Participate in NPCC and NERC committees and working groups.
- Coordinate activities with compliance partners and peers including the NYISO, NYPA and neighboring utilities.
- Participate in evaluating new NERC Standards and brief executives on emerging compliance issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of work experience in the electric power industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Knowledge of NERC reliability Standards. Required
- Competency in drafting technical procedures, business process documents or specifications for the electric power industry. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.