Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Enhance the customer experience, of both internal and external customers by developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to Company safety, health and environmental programs. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Ensure that the contractor's means and methods conform to their HASP and local, state, and federal regulations. Ensures contractor work is conducted within stipulations required by applicable permits, guidelines, and minimize quality of life issues for the community we serve
- Ensure the contractor's competent person conducts and documents the Job Briefing. Conduct field inspections to ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations and when needed as circumstances require, Safety Stand-down, and/or relevant OJT's with contractors
- Ensure all code 753 requirements are implemented on every applicable job.
- Read and interpret company plates, specifications and engineering drawings to prevent damages and ensure compliance.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure that all company facilities are constructed, protected, supported, maintained in accordance with all applicable engineering designs, specifications, procedures, and/or codes.
- Ensure contractor performance is reported using the CFOR through the Contractor Oversight System (COS) and report all contractor incidents through Infraction Reports and Action Lines. Ensure close out in compliance with the corrective action plan
- Maintain required project field documentation including daily logs, timesheets, etc. on contractor activities utilizing the company's computer systems/applications.
- Record field measurements and prepare job folders for payment process.
- Respond and rectify customer and municipality complaints and violations.
- Establish and maintain professional, effective, timely, and consistent communication with customers and required company and external agency personnel.
- Communicate and enforce operational and procedural changes when required
- Respond to and investigate environmental and safety incidents involving construction projects
- Respond to contractor damages and prepare damage investigation reports as required.
- Respond to company-wide events, such as storm emergencies, heat alerts, damage assessment, feeder patrols, etc.
- Complete and maintain all necessary training associated with title, including but not limited to Gas Operator Qualifications, Field Inspector block training, Angle of Repose and Enclosed Space Entry and Rescue as required for job function.
- Maintain a driver's license
- May perform other tasks and assignments as needed
- High School Diploma/GED And 2 Years' Work Experience
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Field Construction Work Experience Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.