Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and assigns workload for CMO meter technician chiefs and technicians and other staff members.
- Prepares all requisitions for the purchase of meters, transformer and/or other metering devices. Orders, coordinates and ensures availability and timely delivery of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Conducts monthly inventory of all metering devices to ensure appropriate material is available for installations.
- Plans, organizes and ensures work is scheduled in the most productive manner possible and assigns personnel to meet goals, commitment dates and daily emergency repairs that are required.
- Coordinates service installations with New Business Representatives and/or Electric Operations to meet customer service dates.
- Review and approve complex billing calculations computed by Revenue Protection Coordinators.
- Administer MAMS Asset Management System in assigned Meter Shop.
- Assigns appropriate personnel as required to meet Company's Collection strategies to reduce outstanding customer arrears.
- Ensures that regulatory testing guidelines are met.
- Ensures that equipment certifications are conducted as prescribed by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures that employees are trained on required items, and that the training is provided to keep certifications current. Schedules personnel to ensure timely completion of training requirements.
- Reviews data capture vehicles to assure the accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and monitoring of standards to determine the satisfactory completion of work assignments.
- Assesses individual performance through field supervision, field visits and review of completed work. Assist direct reports with career development planning.
- Promotes the development of employees, actively participates in leadership development programs such as GOLD and LEAD, provides for employee training and mentoring, and the development of opportunities that support diversity in the workforce.
- Works effectively with internal and external customers in matters related to CMO.
- Assists management in establishing and developing efficient, effective and economical CMO policies and procedures.
- Assures workload is balanced and appropriate staffing is met.
- Promotes and participates in the Company safety and accident prevention programs.
- Participates on teams and special projects as required, including storm duty.
- Directs the department's efforts to install and troubleshooting electric and gas AMI devices.
- Supervises directs in locking gas meters in accordance with PSC guidelines.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of related business experience, preferably in utility metering and distribution requirements Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of related business experience, preferably in utility metering and distribution requirements Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years of related business experience, preferably in utility metering and distribution requirements
Relevant Work Experience
- Tech savvy with MS Office Suite proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Required
- Must be detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff and various levels of management. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills. Required
- Experience reporting to regulatory agencies and knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements preferred. Preferred
- Working knowledge of ITRON, FORD, CIMS and AMI related computer applications is preferred. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Must become Operator Qualified within 9 months Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all atmospheric conditions.
- May require extensive walking and climbing.
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.