Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure proper implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for all personnel; and that all Company environmental policies and governmental regulations are followed. This includes, but is not limited to, pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, use of appropriate PPE, timely spill reporting, etc.
- Supervise Cranes & Rigging personnel in the safe performance of their duties including but not limited to the operation of cranes, bucket trucks, boom trucks, and other assigned vehicles and equipment to ensure that they are productive and that work is performed according to specifications.
- Plan, organize, schedule and assign appropriately qualified personnel to meet operating requirements and prioritizes work requests to provide quality service to internal and external customers while instilling a customer-centered approach among employees.
- Deliver DOJTs and other applicable training to employees.
- Maintain accurate time reporting and records for assigned personnel.
- Ensure compliance with the Standards of Business Conduct, EEO, substance abuse, disciplinary and security policies and other corporate values and initiatives by providing a workplace environment that fosters professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork.
- Assign, control and manage emergency, call-in and overtime activity of assigned employees as required to ensure the proper level of response to customer needs and system events.
- Serve as liaison between Cranes & Rigging and other Company organizations to share and efficiently utilize available resources.
- Ensure administrative requirements of the Section (i.e. approvals of invoices, verification of data submitted to permitting agencies, securing required travel permits, etc.) are completed and accurately recorded in accordance with regulatory and procedural guidelines.
- Celebrate success through rewarding and recognizing exemplary work performance. Must also recognize, document and develop a course of action to correct poor work performance of direct reports.
- Oversee the transport of over-dimensional equipment through NYC and Westchester
- Function individually and in teams to develop/modify work management and other systems/processes to help control labor costs and ensure productivity.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where employees are able to share thoughts and ideas while maintaining a questioning attitude.
- Develop critical lift plans
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related And 3 Years professional work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have competent working knowledge of relevant Corporate environmental and safety procedures Required
- Experience with and knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Corporate systems including, but not limited to, TOES, MPARE and PROFILE Required
- Direct cranes and rigging experience Preferred
- Prior supervisory experience Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff and external agencies Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Ability and willingness to obtain a Master Rigger's license and/or Crane Operator's license if not already held. Required
- Other: Ability and willingness to obtain a CDL license with appropriate endorsements if not already held. Preferred
- Other: Ability and willingness to obtain a NYS Escort License if not already held. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to respond to Company emergencies as needed.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory as needed
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors during all seasons and during adverse weather.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.