Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform root cause analysis of secondary events including manhole explosions, fires, and shocks through field visits, research, and modeling. Monitor Public Service Commission mandated inspections and Quality Assurance programs for improvement opportunities. Provide recommendations and strategies for future event prevention and mitigation.
- Review and prepare drawings, specifications, proposals, and procedures. Conduct cost/benefit analysis of alternative designs and programs.
- Develop technical expertise in assignments through contact and interaction with leading experts in the technical community. Serve on industry technical committees, including representing the section at various technical meetings.
- Must be comfortable working on and/or understanding software programming of electronics or analytical models.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and working in teams performing lab and field testing.
- Creates and sustains a workplace environment that fosters professionalism, honesty, concern, excellence and teamwork.
- Perform engineering analysis and lab testing on new designs, vendor solutions, and emergent technologies. Must be comfortable creating test plans to simulate steady state and transient system and environmental conditions through the use of lab test equipment.
- Perform various engineering studies, calculations, evaluations and develop various secondary distribution system performance criteria.
- Work with data extracts from databases (SQL, EDAP, AMI, etc.) to develop analysis on current system conditions as well as proposals for improvements.
- Provide ad-hoc data analytics within short timeframes for event analysis and executive summaries.
- Issue root cause analysis reports. Provide recommendations and strategies for future event mitigation and prevention.
- Comfortable working on field sites to support analysis or testing with field crews.
- Will provide technical guidance to Electric Operations personnel regarding operational and maintenance questions involving secondary distribution mains and services.
- Will be responsible for recommending designs and equipment to meet the highest environmental standards.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
- Respond to emergency calls by operating departments and makes decisions within his/her area of responsibility.
- Will be responsible to provide engineering support during emergencies and has the capability to assume full responsibility and leadership role when responding to emergency field problems in his or her field of expertise.
- Will prepare and review standards and will perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And minimum of 4 years work experience is required Engineer (2L) Or
- Master's Degree Engineering And minimum of 3 years work related experience is required Engineer (2L)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Required
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment and working with teams performing lab testing. Required
- Must be able to prepare and review standards as required, perform inspections of existing secondary distribution system, develop low voltage specifications, and test procedures. Required
- Must be competent to making system improvements and problem solving. Required
- Familiarity with electrical systems. Required
- Familiarity with low voltage distribution assets Required
- Familiarity of with PSC Order adopting Electric Safety Standards Preferred
- Experience programming or coding on one or more platforms. Preferred
- Experience writing scripts. Preferred
- Experience working on SQL server. Preferred
- Be able to prepare capital budget requests, develop construction schedules and estimates. Preferred
- Be able to review, design drawings and specifications for distribution installations. Preferred
- Experience implementing or modifying electronics equipment Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.