Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Associate Engineer A will support the design, development and implementation of various microprocessor based relay upgrade projects. A dedicated professional with continuous oversight responsibility is essential to continued reliable operations. Under the general supervision of the Protective System and Testing Section Manager, the Associate Engineer will be responsible for functional testing of various types of microprocessor based relays. The Associate Engineer will aid with field testing and resolve issues by coordinating with relay protection engineers. An understanding of NERC CIP Cyber Security Standards will ensure various compliance requirements on relay systems.
- Develop operational and maintenance test instructions for relays.
- Assist in the written evaluation of system disturbances and coordination with Engineering and submit Engineering Service Request
- Develop test plan for microprocessor based relays.
- Assist in necessary training for relay technicians.
- Acts as technical liaison between Central Engineering and various groups Training Program and aspects of Personnel Risk Assessment Program.
- Evaluate maintenance practices and develop more efficient and reliable methods.
- Industry involvement with EPRI, NATF and other organizations on relay applications.
- Make presentations as required, and at the executive level.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience. In either relay protection or system testing
- Bachelor's Degree In Electrical Engineering And with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience. In either relay protection or system testing
Relevant Work Experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new topics. Required
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO Required
- Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service and develop a team spirited work environment in support of Con Edison's corporate values and mission. Required
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills, champion change and have the ability to influence others in order to improve the management process. Required
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess the ability to render sound business decisions. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must use eye-hand coordination to adjust controls on equipment
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- May require local and out-of-town travel and representation of the Company at information exchange meetings including EPRI and NATF.
- Must be willing and available to be on call, work off shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as operating and system conditions require.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.