Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison is at the forefront of the clean transportation transition, designing and implementing hundreds of millions of dollars of e-mobility programs to clean the transportation system in the New York City area and help moderate grid costs and support a dynamic marketplace. In this role you will work at the intersection of policy, programs, and strategy to lead development of the Company e-mobility strategy, and have a material role in driving a successful clean transportation transition.
- The Electric Vehicles (EV) Strategy Manager in the EV Strategy & Analytics group is responsible for the planning, development, execution, tracking and monitoring of the strategy for the E-Mobility department's programs and services to ensure Con Edison and New York State clean transport and e-mobility goals and targets are achieved. The EV Strategy Manager will partner with staff across the Department and work with the leadership team to align the organization around the strategy and ensure successful implementation.
- Work with the EV teams as well as other internal stakeholders to shape, integrate, and optimize multi-year portfolio goals and develop and prioritize strategic initiatives for each calendar year.
- Represent the E-Mobility team's interest to external stakeholders such as the New York State Department of Public Service Staff and other stakeholders as needed.
- Manage a team that continually analyzes existing EV programs and opportunities for improvements and new programs and services.
- Manage a team that monitors clean transport market conditions, such as demand for EVs and EV chargers, to recommend program design changes that allow for achievement of Company quarterly and annual targets.
- Monitor and ensure close integration of near-term strategy on a daily basis and as part of an overall strategic plan.
- Work with teams and other stakeholders to continuously improve clean transport portfolio reporting and forecasting process, and oversee the implementation of these processes.
- Provide consultation and guidance on program financial forecasting. Plan and oversee weekly financially focused operations meetings that assesses department progress against targets and goals, including Earning Adjustment Mechanism goals. Document and monitor decisions and actions and report on progress to the department's leadership team.
- Collaborate with program teams, such as the EV Make Ready Program, Managed Charging, and Fleet Advisory teams to implement effective adjustments to account for changes to program, budgetary and regulatory needs and market changes.
- Work with EV teams to identify, structure and present prioritized set of gaps, challenges and opportunities and proposed solutions.
- Work effectively and lead cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Provide problem solving and strategic support to the department.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 Years of work experience 2 years of work experience in energy, electric vehicles, the utility industry, or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in business, engineering, energy-related discipline, economics. And 5 years business work experience in energy or electric vehicle or utility industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into business insights and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables Required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve complex strategic and tactical opportunities Required
- At least 1 year specific experience in utility EV programs, including work with utility EV program strategy, program design, forecasting and reporting Preferred
- Experience leading implementation of complex projects Preferred
- Experience managing direct reports in a dynamic environment Preferred
- Experience presenting to senior executives Preferred
- Experience and or knowledge of New York State energy policy and regulatory environment Preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Preferred
- Experience working with diverse teams to align stakeholders around business solutions, and coach and work with these stakeholders through the implementation to drive business results Preferred
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus Preferred
- Strong communications, presentation, writing and analytical skills Preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture and attention to detail Preferred
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.