Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- FFS Real Estate is a diverse and inclusive group, where ideas are shared, and all voices are valued. The Real Estate Analyst is expected to contribute to and help support that inclusive environment.
- Performs or assists in the performance of FFS Real Estate operational functions such as real estate administration and project management, financial forecasting and budget tasks, and other functions as needed to support the ongoing operations of the Real Estate department and FFS organization.
- Work with internal customers to identify properties that meet the customers real property requirements. Work with Law, Engineering, Project Management and internal customers to negotiate the purchase, lease or easement rights for company use and occupancy of those properties.
- Act as Company lead to facilitate requests from third parties seeking to use, occupy or gain access to Company property. Liaison between third party requester(s) and internal organizations that are required to review and approve or deny requests from third parties. Work with Law and Regulatory services as needed to negotiate and draft agreements pursuant to Company and New York Public Service Commission requirements and processes.
- Prepare request for proposals seeking brokerage and/or appraisal services and work with Supply Chain to solicit vendors for these services. Manage those contractors that are awarded work for specific real estate projects.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and work with Supply Chain and other departments, as appropriate, to assure timely processing and completion.
- Manage real property leases where the Company is either landlord or tenant. Work with Law to interpret lease clauses and engage with landlords and tenants to enforce lease obligations and rights. Ensure rent and additional rent are invoiced or paid as required. Responsible for exercising lease renewals, extensions or terminations pursuant to internal processes and procedures.
- Assist in the review and assist with updating or preparing of Corporate Instructions and Real Estate procedures.
- Maintains and updates both the electronic and physical record management and informational systems, assists with design, testing, implementation and upgrading of those systems, and ensures the completeness and accuracy of informational inputs and outputs of such systems.
- Provide regular updates and status on projects and lease administration activities.
- Conducts site visits and inspections as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business, Project Management, Economics, Liberal Arts or Related Field And 2 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate or contract negotiation and management, lease administration/management, paralegal services Or
- Associate's Degree Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business, Project Management, Economics, Liberal Arts or Related Field And 4 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate or contract negotiation and management, lease administration/management, paralegal services
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated experience in commercial real estate and/or contract management/ administration. Required
- Proven record in the preparation and negotiation of leases, easements and/or other forms of contracts for either goods or services. Required
- Proficiency with use of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and TEAMs. Required
- Adept at using the internet for communication and research. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external customers as well as vendors and outside agencies. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities. Required
- Demonstrated ability to accept challenges and use creative thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and confidence dealing with all levels of personnel. Required
- Knowledge of real property and lease management database systems. Preferred
- Experience with appraisals and title work. Preferred
- Basic knowledge of zoning and land use regulations. Preferred
- Experience with developing and implementing change management strategies, inclusive of stakeholder training. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- System Emergency Assignment could include the need to report and work in the field and inclement weather during system or storm emergency events.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and off shift hours, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory; as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.