Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform various project management and team lead functions: establish work objectives; assign tasks and responsibilities; track activities and performance; manage budget.
- Manage project resources; hire and train staff; and facilitate cross-team collaboration.
- Monitor emerging technologies, and engage with other organizations (such as other utilities, ACEEE, AESP, CEE, EPRI, E SOURCE, and ASHRAE) that research, evaluate and recommend energy efficiency technologies. Identify future program models and technology pilots that should be explored.
- Work with other EEDM Program Managers, Engineers, and Business Development Managers on new innovative ideas and solutions that advance energy efficiency goals by facilitating program participation or resolving technology gaps.
- Establish and govern the processes for evaluating and launching new pilots; ensuring that the team has all necessary resources and tools to be successful and achieve objectives.
- Lead procurement efforts for pilots needing external vendor support; develop Requests for Proposals/ Information (RFPs or RFIs), assist with contract negotiations.
- Work with staff to resolve any issues impacting pilot operations and performance.
- Ensure learnings from pilots are widely communicated and effectively leveraged across the department.
- Align with various internal stakeholders to ensure coordination and compliance. Relevant internal stakeholders include Strategic Channel Engagement; Strategy & Planning; Legal; Clean Energy Channel Networks, Procurement; Marketing; Data & Analytics; Evaluation, Measurement & Verification; EEDM Compliance, and Program Delivery teams.
- Represent the Department in meetings with DPS Staff, other regulatory authorities, utilities, and other entities as pilot advocate and liaison as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all company and external guidelines.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with five years' work experience in a relevant/related role.
- Master's Degree in relevant/ related field
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience leading/managing a team or direct reports Required
- Ability to motivate individuals/ team and influence results through others directly and indirectly Required
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills and analytical skills Required
- Demonstrated success in process improvement, projects, management, and budget management Required
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation skills of performance tracking and results Required
- Demonstrated experience in a role with upward and senior stakeholder management Required
- Familiarity with energy efficiency technologies, programs and the New York State Technical Resource Manual (TRM) Preferred
- Knowledge of and work experience with demand side management or electrification initiatives Preferred
- Familiarity with building codes/standards and technology trends Preferred
- Modeling and forecasting experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.