Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform and comprehensive objective quality assurance standard reviews of work in Gas Operations to improve work practices and mitigate potential violations of internal requirements as well as Federal, State, and City Codes.
- Spend purposeful time in the field and perform field observations to maintain a physical compliance presence in the organization - gauge mechanics' knowledge of requirements for work being performed, identify and document any safety, operator qualification and/or drug and alcohol plan issues.
- Assist in the performance of special and/or periodic reviews to meet operational needs or in preparation of regulatory audits.
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and reporting of compliance performance data for targeted review topics.
- Prepare reports that review compliance with regulations, company procedures, and specifications by Gas Operations and other departments that perform work with Gas Operations, and provide recommendations for corrective actions, as necessary.
- Identify and recommend work practice changes where operating areas can perform work functions more efficiently and productively.
- Enter recommendations from reviews into current tracking system and follow up with responsible individuals to validate that recommendations have been implemented.
- Develop a professional relationship with the Gas Operating Areas, Gas Engineering, and other departments that interact with Gas, as well as our regulators.
- Perform reviews during different parts of the day or evening or weekends as the job warrants.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business, Project Management, Quality Management, or related field And 3 years related experience Or
- Associate's Degree Engineering, Business, Project Management, Quality Management, or related field And 5 years related experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years work experience related to compliance, quality assurance/quality management, gas operations, data analytics, and/or regulatory interpretation. Required
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.