Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Required to work as a Customer Service Representative.
- Ability to work a hybrid remote work schedule and complete pre employment testing onsite at a Consolidated Edison facility.
- The Provisional Customer Service Representative is a temporary position, and will continue until such time as the Company determines that it no longer needs these services.
- If a vacancy becomes available and you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, you may be contacted. Business needs may cause Con Edison to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
- Con Edison's Interest Posting for Future Provisional Customer Service Representative positions require Pre-employment Testing for employment.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be able to respond to direction and work as a member of a team, using a PC- based information system in order to retrieve information to analyze customer accounts. Required
- Must have the ability to interact with customers over the phone, as well as other avenues of contact, in a responsive, productive, and professional manner. Required
- Will need to provide outstanding service in every customer encounter and be an effective communicator. Required
- The individual we seek must be proficient in English. Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.