Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A) team is responsible for delivering advanced analytics solutions, driving Con Edison's data strategy, managing the Company's Enterprise Data Analytics Platform.
- The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for analytics project development as well as vendor implementation efforts. This person will be part of an agile team that will initiate and lead analytics projects and work with cross-functional teams across the Company, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity throughout the project lifecycle. This individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio, particularly the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP).
- Develop software solutions/applications to satisfy analytics uses cases, including user interfaces, business logic functions, data pipelines, data/analytics processing jobs.
- Perform data analysis to provide insights into business processes
- Support the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP)
- Execute projects to provide insight into business needs and behavior; engage in analytic design to ensure relevant findings. Ensure application of quality controls throughout projects
- Work on all phases of new projects from inception through user acceptance and implementation: planning, requirements gathering, business analysis, design, development (coding, configuration, customization), testing, training, and implementation of new systems and/or major enhancements to existing systems, both in-house developed and vendor packaged applications that may affect multiple department/multiple systems.
- Maintain and support the applications that are used to support Con Edison's organizations. These responsibilities involve working on minor enhancements, bug fixes, production issues, and software configurations.
- Effectively develop business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Manage business/client expectations and presents solution options to business requests/problems.
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of the company - business representatives, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to perform thorough requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Routinely resolve issues and solve problems
- Manage client expectations: troubleshoot and resolve client issues.
- Support production software operations during normal business and off-hours.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills.
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies, programming languages, databases, business applications and products, and provide expertise where appropriate.
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include analytics product delivery, platform engineering, and data operations.
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 7 years relevant work experience
- Master's Degree preferably in an analytical, mathematical, business, or computational field And a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in an analytical, mathematical, business, or computational field And a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience using React for frontend programming Required
- Experience with SQL, such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL Required
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Experience with Object-oriented programming, such as C# or Java Preferred
- Familiarity with Python Preferred
- Formal project management, business analysis, or data analysis training preferred Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Available to work off hours as operationally required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.