Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversees the Transmission Line Activity Reports status to ensure company compliance following up with internal organizations as needed.
- Provides monthly updates of the goals of the Damage Prevention Group to the Section Manager and Damage Prevention staff.
- Reviews schedules for all employees to avoid conflicts with operating requirements.
- Thoroughly reviews contractor invoicing for accuracy and processes for payment in Oracle system in accordance with the terms and conditions of established contracts and Company policies and procedures.
- With some guidance, works with vendors to resolve contractor exceptions to proposed payments/claims.
- Maintains and submits monthly analytical reports for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as productivity reporting in relations to ticket management.
- With some guidance, provides oversight for all programs associated with the Damage Prevention Group, with emphasis on the Transmission Line Reports. Maintains accuracy in records associated with critical facilities for appropriate examination by Company auditors and governing agencies.
- Provides timely updates and feedback to internal and external customers regarding One Call Ticket status and issues, such as pending emergency and priority mark-outs and various other complex ticket issues
- Maintains a working knowledge of state and federal codes governing pipeline construction, and location work.
- Works with customer organizations to identify potential problems associated with the ticket management system and adapts plans to address those problems.
- With the assistance of the Damage Prevention Planner, performs marketing duties such as purchasing of hands outs, contractor give-a-ways, advertising materials.
- With the assistance of the Damage Prevention Planner, works closely with the company's Corporate Communication and Corporate Marketing departments and the states One Call Center to invest in effective educational outreach programs.
- Builds relationships/partnerships with internal/external customers, community leaders, and governmental agencies in order to promote a highly effective process/customer focused workforce centered on damage prevention.
- Provides daily reporting locations of Damage Prevention workforce.
- Perform data analytics related to company damages, ticket count, productivity of company and vendor workforce, etc.
- Prepares reports, which include the compilation and analysis of organizational data relative to Damage Prevention activities such as measuring performance goals, contractor inspector reports, Job Site Evaluations, contract funding tracking and maintenance and capital budgets.
- Prepares monthly accruals, historical comparisons, expenditure projections, productivity reports, and reports measuring performance and goals.
- Participates in Damage Prevention related meetings and communications, maintaining meeting minutes as needed.
- Participates in the research and analysis of variances in maintenance and capital spending on contract work, using the Work Management System, Oracle, and other support systems.
- Processes damages in the Work Management System following committee review.
- Performs general administrative duties as required of the office such as: maintain inventory/ordering supplies, Iron Mountain responsibilities. Responsible for the preparing confidential letters, notifications and departmental reports and updates as required.
- Participates in teams to develop/modify work management and other systems/processes to help control labor costs and ensure productivity, as needed.
- Maintains required records and reports in a manner suitable for inspection by Company auditors and governing agencies in support of PSC requirements.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 2+ years of related work experience. Or
- Associate's Degree And 4+ years of related work experience. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5+ years of related work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Should have knowledge of project budgeting, scheduling, work management systems, accounting systems, and workload planning tools (e.g. Primavera, Microsoft Project). Required
- Must have excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills and be able to deal tactfully and effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as customers and outside vendors. Required
- Must have strong decision-making, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and able to meet deadlines. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and have excellent presentation skills. Required
- Experience with MS Project or Visio. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel, as needed.
- May be required to make field inspections as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.