Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr Architect will engineer and design projects to primarily support the Capital and Operations & Maintenance budgets of Facilities which includes the buildings and yards of various Service Centers and Commercial Buildings, and will support projects associated with other customers of Steam Distribution, Substation Operations, Electrical Operations, Information Technology, Transportation Operations, etc.
- Reviews and approves contractor designs, calculations, shop drawings and submittals.
- Serves as a consultant within the Company or the industry in his or her area of specialization.
- Performs cost benefit analysis/conducts conceptual studies to determine best designs; and prepares budgets and appropriation requests.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of budgets and appropriation requests for specific projects.
- Acts in place of Section Manager when so delegated and acts as expert witness when required.
- Will direct, coordinate and review work of other architects, designers and engineers, and architectural/engineering firms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture And 8 years of experience in areas of design, and application of architectural principles in assigned areas of expertise Or
- Master's Degree in Architecture And 6 years of experience (BS in Architecture) in areas of design, and application of architectural principles in assigned areas of expertise
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be a motivated individual with strong leadership abilities and demonstrated initiative. Required
- Must possess strong analytical skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities with a proven record of accomplishments in providing architectural support for various types of projects. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as good oral and written communication skills to interact with departments and (internal and external) customers at all levels. Required
- Must be able to perform required calculations and select equipment in support of capital and O&M project designs. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.