Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Plans, directs and supervises the work of employees assigned, carrying out Company policies and maintaining effective employee organization and morale.
- Assigns, trains and develops employees relative to specific projects, assisting them in complex work and ensuring the conformity of all work as it relates to safety, economy, reliability, and engineering standards, to the Company and the public.
- Consults with Gas and Electrical Engineering and with operating personnel relative to the coordination of projects, long range planning, and recommendation as to design for proposed projects.
- Works with Supply Chain to develop contracts for bidding in an effort to control costs, insure quality of work and compliance with procedures, standards and codes and foster the expansion of qualified contractors for construction work.
- Analyzes contractors proposals, at the request of Supply Chain, to determine economies of scale, compliance with specifications and other matters. Also, engages such contractors with appropriate approvals.
- Participates in budget preparations, job estimating, invoice review and their approval. Schedules workforce requirements based on budget guidelines, engineering specifications and project requirements.
- Evaluates the performance of contractors on construction contracts and provides effective and timely feedback to Supply Chain.
- Monitors and controls project costs and takes corrective action to minimize deviations.
- Develops and implements capital, operating and human resource budgets.
- Implements control and review mechanisms to monitor expenditures to anticipate cost overruns and take appropriate action.
- Provides status reports on budget and schedules as needed and elevates concerns to the proper level of authority.
- Ensures proper technical oversight of field personnel and recommends changes as deemed appropriate.
- Promotes positive public, customer, governmental, and employee relations by ensuring the effective implementation and administration of corporate policies, programs, instructions and operating procedures.
- Conducts field audits, inspections and monitors all aspects of projects to ensure successful completion.
- Acts as a liaison for the Company with governmental agencies and community groups as needed.
- Works closely with contractors relative to their performance, modification of plans, specifications and similar matters as well as processing their invoices for payment in accordance with performance under contracts.
- Support company events in electric or gas as required.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 8 Years experience In the management processes of planning, budgeting, and directing the workforce and associated resources.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have 8 years experience in the management processes of planning, budgeting, and directing the workforce and associated resources. This experience shall include a minimum of 5 years experience in Operations or Construction. Required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the direct supervision of management and/or weekly personnel. Required
- Must demonstrate a high energy level, be flexible, and be able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines. Required
- Must possess proven leadership qualities/skills, a high work ethic, the ability to motivate people, and be dedicated to the Corporate Mission and Values. Required
- Must have detailed knowledge of contract management including contract procurement, contract oversight and payment processing. Required
- Must have extensive knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, OSHA rules and regulations for construction to ensure environmental, health and safety compliance. Required
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and committed to providing exemplary customer service. Required
- Must be able to evaluate, prioritize and respond to rapidly changing conditions as required. Required
- Must be articulate, have a professional demeanor and be comfortable dealing with all levels of management, regulatory agencies, union personnel, customers and contractors. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is required. Required
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be willing and able to travel to and within the O&R/CECONY service territory and to other Company facilities as required. Required
- Participates in the Company's Emergency Management Processes and storm plans as required. Required
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. Required
- Strong decision-making, contract negotiation, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail are essential. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.