Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that all assigned courses have current learning objectives, course outlines, instructor guides, student manuals, training aids, tests, media and centralized document control.
- Adapt to changing training demands (e.g., be available for ad-hoc, off-hour and/or off-site training).
- Coordinate with field personnel to ensure alignment of training with operations, including participation in Training Effectiveness Committees (TEC's), special projects and field visits.
- Update and maintain eTrain and Learning Management System (LMS) records. Produce and utilize reports from TLC portal.
- Develop new training programs to meet the needs of the Company and operating organizations.
- Evaluate student performance of those being trained, or tested for a position, title change, or advancement in title.
- Maintain inventory of the materials required to conduct training.
- Stay informed of operating incidents, issues, procedures, lessons learned, etc. Communicate these to the training staff and students, where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise to operating organizations and other parties regarding equipment, materials, safety and operating procedures.
- Support line organizations in emergency and contingency situations.
- Maintain housekeeping responsibility for assigned rooms and areas and ensure compliance requirements are met, as assigned (e.g., fire extinguisher inspections, battery inspections, TLC's Hazardous Energy Control Procedure, etc.).
- Mentor new instructors and assist in their development process.
- Routinely assist Team Advisors/Managers/administrative staff in coordinating and scheduling activities.
- Participate in self-development activities, training certifications (train the trainer) and benchmarking with other corporations, vendors, manufacturers and utilities along with participation in industry conferences to stay abreast of training best practices, emerging technologies and new educational techniques in order to identify and implement training enhancements
- Instruct students in Gas Operations skills courses, safe work practices, procedures and equipment associated with specific area of expertise.
- Develop and update training curriculum and aides, instructor guides, student guides, tests, training media, eLearning courses, etc.
- Supervise and conduct training of employees and contractors in the skills required to perform their jobs.
- Supervise and conduct training of customers, as required.
- Assist employees for possible career development.
- Evaluate trainee performance when required for promotions and qualifications.
- Evaluate procedures and equipment relative to training.
- Visit operating organizations to perform training on-site and/or to follow-up on the effectiveness of training, and to ensure alignment with new technology and procedures.
- Serve as an SME to the Gas Organization to support new initiatives as they arise.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of TLC processes and programs.
- Mentor Instructors and assist in their development process.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And with 5 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
- Associate's Degree And with 4 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise Or
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise
Relevant Work Experience
- Must be knowledgeable in Corporate Environmental and Safety Procedures as well as applicable Gas Specifications. Required
- Must be dual operator qualified in Gas Construction and Gas Distribution Services, or, if lateral move, able to obtain dual qualification status within 12 months of accepting position. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Required
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate group activities/training. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible with the ability to handle classroom instructional responsibilities and special assignments. Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/union personnel. Required
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office. Required
- Must have the ability to promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values. Required
- Experience with eTrain and TLC Portal. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must stand, walk, and climb ladder and stairs for a whole shift
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must unload materials from delivery vehicles and deliver equipment and materials to various operating facilities
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.