Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Follow and enforce the Department's change management process related to changes to the networks and various electronic systems at the control centers in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Take a lead in the daily operation, technical and administrative support of applications and computer systems at the control centers, including user support, troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Take a Lead in the design, development and implementation of system enhancements. Extensive Database programing, Web application development and full life cycle implementation experience is mandatory.
- Participate in the planning for the future of the OMS and keep abreast of the latest network and computer technology.
- Install patches, Train users, and immediately address urgent problems.
- Perform various assignments as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Ensure that Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field And 7 years of relevant experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to real-time support of critical systems, an understanding of programming's full life cycle and working in a regulated cyber environment and system engineering, management and support of critical application computer projects system and network administration, documentation of system performance and anomalies, and user training. Required
- Working knowledge of relational databases, Linux/Unix, Windows System Management, client/server technology and TCP/IP. Required
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint software required. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.