Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Follow and enforce the Department's change management process related to changes to the networks and various electronic systems at the control centers in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Assist in the daily operation and provide technical and administrative support of network and computer systems and applications at the control centers, including user support, troubleshooting, problem solving and being on a ''on call'' roster to provide needed support during off hours.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of network and computer systems and keep abreast of the latest network and computer technology.
- Install network components (e.g., servers, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) and various computer systems and applications.
- Perform various assignments as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience;
Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to computer networking, cyber security, firewalls and information technology. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, computer systems, application support and SQL. Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to lift network equipment and servers (approximately 50lbs).
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.