Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Identify and collect from data sources.
- Create data pipelines that will dictate data paths from data gathering to comprehensive analytics presentations.
- Analyze large amounts of data, both structured and unstructured.
- Discover data trends and patterns through the usage of various analysis algorithms.
- Present data using various data visualization techniques and tools.
- Lead discussions and assess the feasibility of AI/ML solutions for business processes and outcomes.
- Work with team members to develop data utilization strategies.
- Collaborating with the PRS&I team and customer to provide data-driven solutions created with original concepts.
- Create solutions and strategies to emergent business problems.
- Create analytics solutions for Engineering and various other business units by combining various tools, applied statistics, and machine learning.
- Collect and structure large data sets to find usable information to help guide capital projects / programs and establish key indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of protective relay systems.
- Investigate additional technologies and tools aimed towards the development of innovative data usage strategies.
- Stay current with the newest tools, trends, and technologies in data science to improve section and personal effectiveness.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the Section Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline And 4 years of relevant experience Or
- Master's Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline with a bachelor's degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline And 2 years of relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience in SQL Server Management Studio. Required
- Must have effective problem-solving, decision-making, planning and organizing skills Required
- Ability to import, cleanse, transform, validate and/or model data with the purpose of understanding trends and/or making conclusions to drive business decisions. Required
- Ability to present data in charts, graphs, and tables. Required
- Knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server and the ability to create views, stored procedures, and functions within a SQL database. Required
- Strong technical competence in database creation, management, and maintenance with the ability to create innovative, efficient and synergistic database solutions. Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues, subordinates, internal/external customers, agencies, and various levels of management. Required
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis. Required
- Experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling. Required
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, and various programming languages (ex: Java/Python, SAS). Required
- Ability to write specifications and standards, and coordinate engineering projects and assignments. Required
- Ability to generate meaningful data analytics that will be presented to company-internal consumers. Required
- Two or more years of project management experience Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and work at company locations as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in various indoor and outdoor conditions, and all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work in power plants and high voltage substations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.