Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Associate is responsible for providing entry level support to the organization with relevant education and experience for useful contributions to the department.
- Work with department director to support corporate affairs goals, implement programs, and evaluate and measure success
- Assist with meeting presentations and materials including editing and formatting powerpoint presentations and departmental materials like monthly board books
- Provide office management and administrative support for the Strategic Partnerships director and direct report staff as required to maintain an efficient, positive and effective work flow
- Support grantmaking processes for the charitable contributions program, including Benevity database assistance, as needed
- Provide events support for departmental meetings and employee engagement programs
- Support corporate communications needs around the company's intranet and departmental workflow management system
- Work with hiring managers to provide a positive onboarding experience to new team members
- Serve as departmental training coordinator, as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned by Strategic Partnerships Director
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Communications or a related field And Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement; Candidates that have participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships for a minimum of six months meet the EP experience requirements.
Relevant Work Experience
- Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement; Candidates that have participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships for a minimum of six months meet the EP experience requirements. Required uired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products Required uired
- Must demonstrate ability to accept challenges and solve problems Required uired
- Must exercise good judgment and render sound decisions Required uired
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Missions Required uired
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills Required uired
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments Required uired
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with company employees Required uired
- Experience in database management preferred Preferred erred
- Interest in corporate philanthropy, the energy sector, and environmental programs preferred Preferred erred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.