Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment such as valves, pumps, traps, etc., within the steam system.
- Perform Sequence Engineering duties off-shift and on weekends.
- Prepare training and documentation related to the commissioning of new equipment.
- Recommend improvements for written specifications for the purchase and use of new and existing equipment.
- Monitor and inspect prototype equipment being deployed through Research and Development projects.
- Provide support to steam operations with field and laboratory analyses related to equipment failures, functionality, and performance.
- Cross train in other areas of Steam Distribution Engineering such as system engineering, new business development, pipeline interference, design, metering, and maps/records to gain an understanding in all aspects of the Steam Distribution Engineering section.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years of experience working on engineering related design and modification of industrial systems.
Relevant Work Experience
- Possess a high regard for personal accountability and the flexibility to handle multiple assignments. Required
- Must be dedicated, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and on teams. Required
- Recognize the importance of leadership, commitment to excellence, and to provide exemplary customer service. Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office suite. Required
- Be well organized, detail oriented, with the ability to work in both office and field environments. Required
- The ability to take decisive actions to meet deadlines. Required
- Working experience in electric and steam power plants. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions.
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to travel to company locations and wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to participate in sequence engineering program (which includes working nights, weekends, and an on-call schedule).
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and sites requiring support including steam and electric plants.
- Must be willing and able to climb into steam structures and the ability to work and walk in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needs arise.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.