Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for directing and leading a team to ensure that value is achieved as anticipated from the outsourced relationships under management. In particular, the SDM ensures that the overall services are delivered as stated in the agreement, that the service levels for outsourced services/functions are maintained and continually improved, and that any problems with the day-to-day delivery of services performed by suppliers(s) are minimized.
- This includes performing regular performance reviews, monitoring service level and service management issues, and developing new/ amended SLAs and metrics as needed. Furthermore, this position oversees planning and forecasting of outsourced service consumption, quality of service across services. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring Con Edison satisfaction with the IT services delivered and ensures that is gives the optimum business value to the business organizations supported.
- The Service Delivery Manager works closely with various IT stakeholder including "ITIL Service Management" process owners, the IT Vendor Management Office, architects and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with ConEdison strategy, policies and standards for the entire lifecycle of the services delivered.
- Lead a team the performs the responsibilities listed below for a significant portfolio of services.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers to ensure the effective delivery of services in scope; Act as contact person with Supplier regarding service delivery requirements, issues, changes and performance
- Manage and oversee supplier performance relative to Service Level Agreements. Conduct regular service reviews; follow escalation procedure where appropriate
- As operational problems occur, review recovery and permanent fix plans; Follow up on root-cause and trend analyses to identify areas of improvement in services in scope
- Review and authorize work orders / requests and ensure that all required ConEdison approvals are obtained
- Oversee operational change management: review change requests, participate in change meetings as required, approve changes within decision making authority, administer change freezes, review and approve post implementation reviews and reporting
- Ensure Supplier's performance of any compliance and controls items as required
- Support the appropriate implementation of Transition, Transformation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support IT process improvement including recommending opportunities for systems or process improvements
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And a minimum of eight (8) years of related full time work experience. Or
- Master's Degree And a minimum of six (6) years of related full time work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Majors preferred in IT, computer science, business administration, engineering or decision sciences including mathematics, analytics, quantitative methods.
- Master's Degree Majors preferred in IT, computer science, business administration, engineering or decision sciences including mathematics, analytics, quantitative methods.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience designing, developing, implementing or supporting technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management. Required
- Leadership or managerial experience Required
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop staff Required
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be able to easily engage stakeholders and maintain open communications Required
- Experience in contract management including negotiations Preferred
- Ability to interact with senior leadership, external stakeholders and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience Preferred
- Ability to direct team with multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines Preferred
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans, priorities, and estimate Preferred
- Flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies Preferred
- Majors in IT and Computer Science preferredExperience in the IT application domain preferred (posting is for W&AM, IT/OT domains)Technical experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Training and/or certification in Project Management is a plus. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.