Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Will utilize mainframe and other record keeping and tracking systems including; GASOPS (Gas Operations Performance System), ECS (Emergency Control System), GIS (Gas Inspection System), and CIS (Customer Information System), as well as Iprocurement, Permit Tracking, Compliance System, ProjectWise, and Logica.
- Perform frequent interaction with contractors, internal/external customers, and city agencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Duties will include but are not limited to: logging and tracking information on multiple systems, requisitioning and receipting for services and materials, preparing letters and memos, compiling various status reports, maintaining current files of maps, plates, etc., maintaining office inventory, filing, scheduling appointments with customers and handling various customer inquiries.
- Will be required to have customer contact on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma/GED And previous clerical experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent clerical and organizational skills and competency in Microsoft Office Suite Required
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills Required
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and changing priroities Required
Skills & Ability
- Excellent organizational skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.