Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Hedge energy and capacity supply for CECONY's and O&R's full-service customers using approved instruments and within the framework of the approved Hedge Plan and Hedge Manual.
- Generate pricing, position, mark-to-market reports for daily/weekly/monthly distribution.
- Coordinate and develop Request for Proposals via auction process to purchase physical and/or financial energy and capacity supply, which includes developing and implementing on-line auctions.
- Update, extract, and analyze data from internal databases and develop worksheet applications to improve current work processes. Update and maintain existing databases.
- Generate analysis to support the hedging program and long-range supply plan.
- Provide analysis to support the procurement of RGGI, RECs, CSAPR, and other environmental products and procure above products in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide analysis to support the hedging of CECONY's and O&R's fleet vehicle fuel usage and hedge fuel usage.
- Interact with electricity and natural gas suppliers, generators, financial counterparties, support staff, regulators, NYISO, and various levels of management. Represent the Company at industry and regulatory meetings and functions.
- Monitor Wholesale Electricity and Natural Gas Markets and Financial Commodity Markets for proposed or implemented changes that have an impact on the department and effectively communicate this information with the appropriate parties.
- Monitor changes to NY CLCPA, NJ RPS and RGGI and implement accordingly to procurement strategies.
- Monitor, coordinate, and respond to various regulatory compliance requirements (NERC, FERC, PSC, etc.). Organize and maintain full and complete records of all activities for auditing purposes.
- Prepare spreadsheets, presentations, reports, and exhibits as required for Section and/or Departmental needs.
- Assist in the preparation of expert testimony and supporting exhibits as required for various regulatory proceedings.
- Participate in cross-functional teams representing Electricity Supply and Gas Supply as a Subject Matter Expert. Participate in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Respond to various miscellaneous ad-hoc data requests.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Management, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent And 3 Years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Three to five years of utility experience or related energy industry experience. Required
- Work experience should include at least three of the following items and be regarded as a Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the items:
- Power Generation, Steam Operations, and/or System and Transmission Operations
- ISO-administered energy and capacity markets (NYISO, PJM, ISO-NE), including hedging and risk management.
- Physical and/or financial commodities trading
- Utility accounting systems and methods, and familiarity of electric/gas rate tariffs
- Developing and troubleshooting worksheet applications and models, performing economic analysis, developing forecasts and conducting energy related research
- Energy Policy and Regulatory matters
- Contract administration (ISDA, EEI, NAESB)
- Must be detail oriented, have strong analytical skills and computer skills including Microsoft Office products Word, Excel (advanced functions, macro programming) and PowerPoint. Required
- Must have the ability to make sound business decisions. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the Company service territory, and out of town business meetings, as needed.
- Must be available to work additional hours in order to meet project deadlines and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.