Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversees the technical development, production, and ongoing maintenance of internal and external websites and other electronic communications vehicles within Con Edison.
- The Web Developer works with the Section Manager, other Corporate Affairs managers, internal clients, and external vendors to prepare new sites or new sections on existing sites, to enhance existing sites' functionality by developing client-side and server-side interactive elements, and to manage multiple internal and external web-related projects.
- Responsible for maintaining a working and communicative relationship with IT on issues related to web development. Responsibilities include participation in the development and maintenance of the corporate Internet and intranet websites.
- The Web Developer will administer websites, supervise and update site content, create graphics, and communicate business solutions in an effective, concise, and timely manner.
- Perform troubleshooting and remediation of user interface issues and work with IT as required for backend issues.
- Work closely with Employee Communications and Creative Services to develop and post online assets and content.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 4 years Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining websites Or
- Master's Degree And 2 years Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining websites
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and team-based skills Required
- Excellent project-management, scheduling, and presentation skills are essential Required
- Excellent attention to detail Required
- Must have strong background and familiarity with Microsoft 365 development. Required
- Hands-on experience with SharePoint development tools such as SPFx, Azure DevOps, VS Code, GitHub, Yeoman, TypeScript, Gulp, ReactJS, and PowerShell Required
- Strong understanding of user experience, accessibility, responsive design, user testing and technical SEO Required
- Experience managing content in a CMS system such as Sitecore Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and familiar with Agile Methodology Required
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic, personal accountability, and a commitment to excellence. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.