Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manhattan Electric Construction seeks to recruit talented individuals for its I&A and Underground Sections. Candidates will ensure the safe, timely and effective installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of underground conductors, devices and associated electrical distribution equipment in accordance with operating procedures and engineering plans and specifications.
- Ensures that direct reports work in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Certifies, accounts for and approves expenditures for labor, material supplies and equipment within prescribed limits.
- Assigns, coordinates and manages personnel to achieve maximum efficiency. Monitors and supports crew activities and ensure that all required reporting and documentation are completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and direct field employees in their daily work activities, which includes the installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of Con Edison's electric distribution system.
- Must have the ability to evaluate, prioritize and rapidly respond to changing conditions on the electric distribution system.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Must respond to system emergencies and work within the Incident Command System in various roles.
- Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years of relevant work experience Or
- Associate's Degree with four (4) years of relevant work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED with five (5) years of relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Ability to effectively interact with customers and provide exemplary customer service. Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Required
- Flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
- Render sound business decisions using analytical and technical skills. Required
- Demonstrate leadership skills to implement and champion change to enhance productivity, promote diversity and inclusion, and create a zero harm safety culture. Required
- Proficient in Computer operations similar to windows, Microsoft Office, Oracle and WRM applications. Required
- Must be able to supervise employees and manage their productivity in the above listed functions, and possess good interpersonal skills. Required
- Performing work on and/or providing oversight for personnel responsible for maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment similar to electrical conductors, meters, transformers and associated equipment. This includes fundamental knowledge in the safe operation, design and repair of electric distribution equipment of varying voltage classifications and configurations. Required
- 2-5 Years in a supervisory or lead title. Required
- Detail Oriented. Preferred
- Familiar with Corporate safety and environmental procedures and policies on employee relations. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: NYCDEP Asbestos Certificate Preferred
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work on elevated platforms, scaffolds, catwalks, roofs, or equipment
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be approved and able to wear a full- or half-face respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must climb in and out of manholes and excavations
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work rotating shifts, including nights, midnights, weekends, and holidays
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must be able to use equipment with a maximum weight rating of 375 lbs when wearing and/or carrying 25lbs of clothing and equipment.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.