Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist in preparing standards-based documents for the installation of computing or communications components to support Con Edison's information and communications network infrastructure
- Assist in deploying various UPS and network infrastructure and cyber security tools, including installing, configuring, provisioning and testing in the lab and filed hardware components, software, and firmware applications
- Assist in deploying various communications applications and network infrastructure and cyber security tools, including installing, configuring, provisioning and testing in the lab and field hardware components, software and firmware applications.
- Developing an intimate knowledge of specific geographical support regions including facility locations, user and operations groups, peer IT, support groups, overall IT infrastructure, and especially the LAN infrastructure.
- Specifying, procuring, configuring, and installing infrastructure equipment including Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS), rack-mount automatic transfer switches (ATS), power distribution units (PDUs) and environmental monitoring appliances and sensors
- Utilizing infrastructure monitoring tools to prepare and analyze reports for ensuring cybersecurity compliance and health of infrastructure equipment
- Preparing and executing action plans from these reports and responding to and correcting incidents reported by monitored devices including reconfigurations, firmware upgrades, component troubleshooting, repair, replacement, and proper disposal of retired equipment and batteries
- Troubleshooting, electronic documenting, physical labeling, and tagging of Category 5e, fiber, and wireless access point plants, performing root cause analysis, making recommendations for solving LAN infrastructure problems, and providing support for planned and unplanned power and mechanical events
- Assist in deploying various communications applications and network infrastructure and cyber security tools, including installing, configuring, provisioning and testing in the lab and field hardware components, software, and firmware applications
- Plan for the physical installation, commissioning, and maintenance of all types of telecommunication devices (e.g. Avtec, iCon, Wireless devices, etc.)
- Install and maintain new and existing cable systems, plant, and documentation.
- Perform lead function in Planned and Unplanned Power Events affecting Data Centers, LAN Rooms, and Communications Rooms including the development of Methods of Procedure (MOPs), Change Management forms, and review presentations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required
- Install infrastructure equipment including Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS), rack-mount automatic transfer switches (ATS), power distribution units (PDUs), and environmental monitoring appliances and sensors
- Conceptualize, layout, and provide technical oversight of construction of LAN, communications rooms, and data center related to maintenance of the infrastructure
- Perform physical installation, testing, and maintenance of LAN and communications cabling and infrastructure and lightweight construction and installation of cable racking equipment
- Perform maintenance management functions which include scheduling of work and budgetary functions
- Documents problems and resolutions
- Act as a single point of contact for IT for cross-functional company programs, projects, and KPI's
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Engineering or Construction or Business or related field And with a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience; Or
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology or Engineering or Construction or Business or related field And with a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience And
- High School Diploma/GED
Relevant Work Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
- A good understanding of industry standard policy, processes and procedures covering incident, problem and change management is preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously
- Technical certifications (e.g. FCC, CCNA, RCDD, etc.) are preferred but not mandatory
- Contract administration and contractor oversight
- Previous LAN Administration, LAN Infrastructure, Data Center Infrastructure or Network Communications experience preferred
- Knowledge of monitoring and security tools is preferred
- Experience with the application or design of standards and specifications
- Demonstrated project management experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.