Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Processes contractor payments for Unit Price spot buy, lump sum and multi-year contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions of established contracts and Company policies and procedures.
- Performs the technical review function of the contractor payment process. This requires a comprehensive review of all field notes and documentation in order to ensure proper reconciliation and validate vendor payments for work completed.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all changes in the rules, regulations and specifications used for governing the Administration of these contracts
- Interacts with various contractors and Company field employees (Inspectors, Construction Representatives) in order to process contractor payments and to identify areas for process improvements.
- Work closely with Construction Managers and contractor oversight teams to proactively drive positive changes to the contractor payment process as well as provide support for meeting the goals of the Department and Company.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED And with 5 years work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with 4 years work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And with 2 years work experience
- Bachelor's Degree Construction And with 2 years work experience Preference in Construction Management/Public Improvement or general construction
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have 2 years of construction field/or construction administrative experience Required
- Must have working knowledge of construction contract administration with specific experience on purchase orders and contractor payments Required
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and must have the ability to make presentations, be well organized and flexible to handle multiple and changing priorities Required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and be able to learn and use other computer applications and systems utilized within Construction (i.e., COMPASS, Layout Tracking, POCR, COS, FPITS, Maximo, Tableau etc.)
- Must be able to develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers Required
- Basic knowledge of contracts and other documents (i.e. street opening tickets, permits and reading of electric, gas, steam layouts) to support payment to contractors Preferred
- Basic understanding of street restoration process Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to work occasional extended or non-traditional hours due to Department or Company emergencies
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE
- Requires the use of personal vehicle
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.