Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The WMS Technology Lead will lead back and front-end development. Leads the team through technical design
- Translating UI/UX elements, architecture implementation, and finally launch. Strong communication skills are required and daily interfaces with key stakeholders, Scrum Master, and dev team. The Technology Lead contributes across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment to PWA/native apps, and demonstrates leadership in product quality, technical excellence and engineering practices.
- Lead, Design, code and architect complex applications and demonstrate a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and system design.
- Iterate and maintain medium to large scale applications, which consists of both web application, as well as internal
- External facing mobile applications that support gas and construction businesses, to create a seamless user experience on both sides.
- Collaborate with other software engineers and developers, on the various layers of infrastructure for our applications.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications and maintain quality.
- Collaborate with all software engineering teams to design, develop, and launch new features.
- Maintain organization and code integrity.
- May be responsible for overseeing consultants work (developers and testers, and System Integrator employees).
- Mentor and develop junior team members with technical proficiency.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and Four (4) years of relevant professional experience. or
- High School Diploma/GED and 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Degree specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related focus is a plus and Four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience (portfolio work) building and debugging an application at: front end, back end, database. Required
- Experience developing modern object-oriented APIs (e.g., REST, GraphQL, ProtoBuf) preferably using languages and frameworks like .NET/C#, Spring Boot, or NodeJS. Required
- Strong experience with best practices of application-based security best practices (e.g., JWT, OAuth, SAML, token-based authentication). Required
- Deep expertise and experience with engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications and security. Required
- Ability to lead a team, coach and mentor developers on the team to drive delivery. Required
- Knowledge and experience with Agile process. Required
- Strong understanding of development best practices, agile ways of working, and architectural patterns. Required
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders in non-tech language. Required
- Deep understanding of web technology from entering a URL in a browser to what happens next. Required
- Ability to define decision making process for choosing a technology stack. Required
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to influence senior executives on technology decisions through different influencing tactics. Required
- Capable of working independently or with a team. Required
- Experience with the Microsoft development family (.NET, SQL Server, Azure DevOps). Required
- Industry expertise in the energy industry. Preferred
- Has successfully delivered multiple products end-to-end (with a team) from inception to delivery. Preferred
- Fluent in writing comprehensive test suites (e.g. unit, snapshot, integration, end-to- end). Preferred
- Designed a comprehensive Git strategy and leading teams in best practices. Preferred
- Experience in Agile ways of working and process to move fluidly between current sprint and future roadmap. Preferred
- Must be comfortable and experienced with complex business logic and system integrations. Preferred
- Ability to build scalable, high-performing, fault-tolerant applications. Preferred
- Experience with PWA application development, including responsive web designs. Preferred
- Knowledge of cloud-based systems and deployment models. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Quickly troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.