Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Design and build communications systems to include VoIP call manager, IP turrets, voice recording, enterprise E911, radio console dispatch, in-building wireless enhancement and videoconferencing meeting rooms
- Prepare scopes of work and oversee contractors to ensure work product conforms with design requirements
- Conduct site surveys at specified locations to evaluate communications system conditions, functions and requirements
- Prepare as-built documentation/drawings and operating turnover packages
- Lead and/or work with project teams and internal customers to integrate communication requirements into data center, communications/control room and other critical facility designs
- Mentor team members and perform quality assurance/quality control checks and review contractor design packages/builds in progress
- Create and maintain documentation including design standards, network diagrams, operating procedures, and disaster recovery plans
- Requires travel throughout New York City, Westchester county and Orange & Rockland service territory
- Must be available to work off-hours as required to support deployments or respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and Minimum of (3) years of IT experience or
- Associate's Degree Preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and Minimum of (5) years of IT experience or
- High School Diploma/GED and Minimum of (7) years of IT experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Designing, configuring and installing Cisco Unified Communications (CUCM) applications, PC Unigy Turret Systems, NICE NTR and Compass Voice Recording applications, and other voice communications technologies Required
- Deploying Poly Videoconferencing room solutions including endpoint devices, conference management software, and RealConnect for Teams conferencing platform Required
- Troubleshooting communications network issues and using network testing/diagnostic tools Required
- Practical application of cybersecurity principles for secure IT infrastructure operations Required
- Managing medium to large projects, plan, scope, schedule, resources, budget, and cost management Required
- Understanding of essential services including: LAN, Data Center and Communications Systems and working with IT sub groups Required
- Exposure to Avetec Radio Dispatch, Femtocell, BDAin-building and campus cellular systems Required
Skills & Ability
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Relevant technical certifications such as Cisco CUCM, CCNA/CCNP, CCDE; Poly Certified Videoconferencing Engineer (PCVE) or Poly Expert Program Preferred
- Other: Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, gloves, and safety shoes when required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.