Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Join a fast growing and dynamic team and support one of the country's largest electric vehicle (EV) incentive programs.
- The Senior Specialist for EV Program Strategy & Performance Analytics in the EV Strategy group supports the planning, development, execution, tracking and monitoring of the Electric Vehicle ("EV") near-term strategy to ensure Con Edison and New York State clean transportation and e-mobility goals and targets are achieved. The Senior Specialist is responsible for conducting analyses, developing and owning analytics tools, program tracking and optimization, incorporating market intelligence, and partnering with staff across the Department and external stakeholders to ensure successful program delivery.
- Work with the EV teams and other internal stakeholders to develop, prioritize, and implement strategic initiatives.
- Support internal program teams to define metrics to track for program and market intelligence and for performance optimization.
- Collaborate with EV teams to identify, structure and prioritize gaps, challenges, opportunities, and proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop effective strategic and tactical adjustments in response to changes to program, budgetary and regulatory needs, and market changes.
- Create and own tools and analyses for program optimization, e.g. cost validation, ideal site identification, budget monitoring, incentive setting, target development, and/or predictive tools for pipeline management. Opportunity to build in automation via machine learning and/or advanced algorithms.
- Develop knowledge of and skills working with EV data and databases, both internal and external.
- Monitor EV market demand and trends along with program performance to inform program strategy.
- May include representing the Company's interest and communication of EV Program status to external stakeholders such as the New York State Department of Public Service Staff and other industry stakeholders.
- Support forecasting of EV program performance and EV load.
- Work effectively and lead cross-functional teams responsible for new department initiatives that may arise from time to time.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of work experience or advanced degree with 2 years practical experience
- Bachelor's Degree Degree in business, engineering, math, science, energy-related discipline, policy, or economics preferred 4 years business work experience in energy or electric vehicle or utility industry
- Master's Degree MBA, technical masters or PhD Preferred 2 years of work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into business insights and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables Required
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project) Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure Required
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new skills Required
- 1 year specific experience in utility EV programs, including work with utility EV program strategy, forecasting and reporting Preferred
- Strong presentation and writing skills a plus Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, analyze and solve complex strategic and tactical opportunities Preferred
- Proven experience developing analytical tools leveraging techniques which may include statistics, predictive models, and/or machine learning Preferred
- Knowledge of electric vehicles and/or clean energy programs and technologies Preferred
- Knowledge of national and New York State clean energy policy a plus Preferred
- Experience analyzing or managing program performance and/or pipelines Preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail Preferred
- Experience working with diverse teams to align stakeholders around business solutions, and coach and work with these stakeholders through the implementation to drive business results Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.