Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure that all assigned courses have current learning objectives, course outlines, instructor guides, student manuals, training aids, tests, media and centralized document control.
- Adapt to changing training demands (e.g., be available for ad-hoc, off-hour and/or off-site training).
- Coordinate with field personnel to ensure alignment of training with operations, including participation in Training Effectiveness Committees (TEC's) and field visits.
- Update and maintain eTrain and Learning Management System (LMS) records. Produce and utilize reports from TLC portal.
- Develop new training programs to meet the needs of the Company and operating organizations.
- Evaluate student performance of those being trained, or tested for a position, title change, or advancement in title.
- Maintain inventory of the materials required to conduct training.
- Stay informed of operating incidents, issues, procedures, lessons learned, etc. Communicate these to the training staff and students, where applicable.
- Provide technical expertise to operating organizations and other parties regarding equipment, materials, safety and operating procedures.
- Maintain necessary certificates/licenses and training required to return to the field.
- Support line organizations in emergency and contingency situations.
- Market our programs to external customers and seek ways to use our facilities and resources to meet external customers needs.
- Maintain housekeeping responsibility for assigned rooms and areas and ensure compliance requirements are met, as assigned (e.g., fire extinguisher inspections, battery inspections, TLC's Hazardous Energy Control Procedure, etc.).
- Perform field and records audits to ensure compliance with Company and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct training in areas of expertise and pursue opportunities to provide training outside primary area(s) of responsibility.
- Participate in Learning Leader Enrichment and Achievement Program (LLEAP)
- Support Digital Learning Technology development and renewal.
- Perform purposeful field visits.
- Lead self-development activities, training certifications (train the trainer) and benchmarking with other corporations, vendors, manufacturers and utilities along with participation in industry conferences to stay abreast of training best practices, emerging technologies and new educational techniques in order to identify and implement training enhancements.
- Mentor new instructors and assist in their development process.
- Routinely assist Team Advisors/Managers/administrative staff in coordinating and scheduling activities.
- Support the Digital Learning transformation program - be able to develop and update content (Video, eBooks, AR/VR, etc.)
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Additional cross functional training (based on acceptable existing subject matter expertise).
- High School Diploma/GED and 8 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise Work experience in one or more areas of Substation Operations, Construction and/or Facilities or
- Associate's Degree and 6 years of relevant work experience in area of expertise.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 4 years of relevant acceptable work experience in Substation Operations, Construction and/or Facilities. Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Required
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills required. Required
- Should be certified or be capable of becoming First Aid, CPR/AED certified. Required
- Demonstrate high energy level, flexibility and the ability handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation. Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible with the ability to handle classroom instructional responsibilities and special assignments. Required
- Must have the ability to make presentations and facilitate group activities/training. Required
- Maintain a professional demeanor and have the ability to deal with all levels of management, Regulatory Agencies, union personnel and customers and the ability handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under tight deadlines. Required
- Hands-on experience with computer software programs, including Microsoft Office products. Required
- Experience with eTrain and TLC Portal. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities and
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills and
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work in an environment that includes heat, noise, confined spaces, and high elevations
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must enter underground vaults through manholes
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be approved and able to wear either a full- or half-face respirator without facial hair or other condition that may interfere with the seal, in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 lbs..
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
- Must be willing to travel within the Con Ed and/or O&R service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.