Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support engineering with data solutions to for substation protection and controls system including Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and Intelligent Engineering Devices (IEDs) using Structured Query Language (SQL) databases.
- Develop solutions to integrate mass data to engineering tool - particularly leveraging MS office applications (Excel, Visio-) to provide transparent access to back-end data.
- Automate configuration of substation devices such as RTUs, HMIs, IEDs, and network switches - Be able to analyze plain-text configuration files (comma separated values - CSV, extensible markup language - XML-)
- Develop scripts for these tasks using lightweight programming languages such as Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Lua, and Python.
- Interface with other Departments/Organizations providing support on the projects initiated by them.
- Assist engineers in Protection and Control Engineering Department working on large projects by completing engineering tasks such as: calculations; sketches; functional testing documents; control philosophy documents; developing presentations.
- Participate in the development of standard engineering documents such as standard drawings, engineering documents templates.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and
- Focused education in data structures database management and scripting
Relevant Work Experience
- One-year relevant engineering experience (including co-op or internship).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Must exercise good judgment and render sound decisions.
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Mission.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, detail orientated and flexible to handle multiple assignments.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Company employees.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.