Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Work closely with software vendors and consultants to develop, maintain, and update Con Edison's Power System Model (PSS CAPE).
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop procedures and standards for the maintenance of the Power System Model (PSS CAPE database).
- Create processes and standards for updating the Power System Model.
- Learn and understand various NERC PRC standards and ensure that the Power System Model (PSS CAPE) aligns with the Company's compliance efforts with these standards.
- Learn about Con Edison's Power System Model and Protection and Control Systems to leverage the data in this database to find more efficient ways to identify equipment that needs to be upgraded.
- Support PRSI department in implementing new strategies, initiatives and processes to advance the design, operation and reliability of Con Edison's P&C system.
- Oversee consultants performing work for the department and will provide technical review and input to the team.
- Work closely with end-users of the Power System Model to make improvements and ensure that the model is up to date.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Familiarity with Power System Modeling i.e. impedance calculations, mutual coupling, right of ways, transformer test reports, etc. Required
- Demonstrate analytical ability and the capability to solve problems associated with power system modeling and short circuit analysis. Required
- Strong technical competence and willingness to learn. Required
- Attention to detail and process oriented. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Required
- Ability to write specifications and standards and coordinate engineering projects and assignments. Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues, internal/external customers, regulatory agencies, and various levels of management. Required
- Experience in working with PSS CAPE. Preferred
- Familiarity with vendor configuration files (e.g., .rdb, .urs, .pcmp) Preferred
- Experience with scripting in various programming languages (ex: Java, Python, C++, etc.) Preferred
- Working knowledge of relay protection systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory and work at company locations as needed.
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in various indoor and outdoor conditions, and all weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work in power plants and high voltage substations.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.