Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Work closely with vendors and consultants to develop, maintain, and update a new Relay Settings Database (Doble PowerBase) and create workflows to support this endeavor.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop procedures and standards for the maintenance of the Relay Settings Database.
- Work closely with vendors and consultants to create dashboards in PowerBI for the Relay Settings Database.
- Responsible for learning the NERC PRC-005 standard and ensure that the Relay Settings Database aligns with the Company's compliance efforts with this standard.
- Support PRSI department in implementing new strategies, initiatives, and processes to advance the design, operation and reliability of Con Edison's P&C system.
- Oversee vendors performing work for the department and will provide technical review and input to team.
- Work with end users to modify and improve the Relay Settings Database (Doble PowerBase) and create reports as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline and 2 years of relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Data science background is required with knowledge of SQL and database administration. Required
- Strong technical competence and willingness to learn. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Required
- Experience with PowerBI and scripting in various programming languages (ex: Java, Python, C++, etc.) Required
- Ability to write specifications and standards and coordinate engineering projects and assignments. Required
- Aptitude to learn power systems and Protection and Control Systems to improve the data and the workflows within the Relay Settings Database. Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues, internal/external customers, regulatory agencies, and various levels of management. Required
- Must demonstrate analytical ability and the capability to solve problems associated with data analysis. Required
- Experience working with Doble PowerBase. Preferred
- Previous experience in database administration. Preferred
- .Working knowledge of relay protection systems Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must travel to company locations to work on storm restoration and heat contingencies
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.