Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for the complete management of selected projects; design review of gas transmission and distribution systems, equipment, and installation specifications, bid preparation and evaluation, appropriations, scheduling, construction and acceptance testing.
- Prepare and/or direct the preparation of design packages (specifications/drawings) and the review contractor shop drawings; serve as a consultant within the Company or industry in area of specialization.
- Perform cost benefit analysis/conduct conceptual studies to determine best designs; prepare or direct the preparation of budgets and appropriation requests for specific projects.
- Perform calculations for specific projects and be required to direct, coordinate and review work of outside consultant, technicians and designers.
- Respond to events in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and development of corrective actions; perform, execute and review all gate station control system installations; capture and formally record all electric A/C supply and communication wiring and conduits; compile a formal ROV documented design with PIDs, wiring standards, point to point schematics, etc.
- Provide direct field support in response to failures and respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, when necessary. The Candidate will be required to travel to all Con Edison sites requiring support.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering and 3 years of I&C engineering work experience or
- Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering and 2 years of I&C engineering experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities, meet deadlines, set and achieve goals and communicate clearly. Required
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in power plant and/or gas operations/controls and process controls. Required
- Project team oversight or multidiscipline project engineering experience. Required
- Demonstrated experience in control valves, shutdown valves, flow instruments, level instruments etc. or knowledge of DCS, ESD, F&G, SCADA or Advance Process Control systems. Required
- Computer proficiency. Required
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful and articulate clearly. Required
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with colleagues, suppliers, and various levels of management. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.