Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Monitor and execute engineering deliverables for Central Operation's Interconnection and Design Build Project Portfolio and support other organizations as required.
- Coordinate with Transmission Planning, Substation & Transmission Operations and Central Engineering in developing the response to NYISO Interconnection responses and support actual developer execution schedules.
- Develop and implement plans for execution of engineering packages and studies in a cost effective, timely, and quality manner in accordance with procedures and specifications.
- Review engineering estimates, field drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Attend field visits, field walks and pre-award meetings.
- Foster teamwork and open communication with other engineering team members, user organizations and construction to establish project priorities and schedules.
- Develop and manage activities of outside consultants and ensure procedures and controls are implemented and followed.
- Develop, review, and maintain engineering guidelines, standards, specifications and procedures.
- Write technical documents and other professional communications that will be distributed to external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years of related experience in the fields of engineering, asset management, utility operations, economic analysis, utility interconnection, utility development or risk modeling or
- Master's Degree with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years of related experience in the fields of engineering, asset management, utility operations, economic analysis, utility interconnection, utility development or risk modeling
Relevant Work Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering design, construction and/or utility operations. Required
- Strong written, verbal, presentation communication skills, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels and motivate employees. Required
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and analytical skills. Required
- Previous supervisory experience and/or project team lead experience. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint). Required
- Knowledge of NYISO interconnection process. Preferred
- Knowledge of Con Edison's System and Transmission Operations, Electric Operations, Steam Operations and/or Construction. Preferred
- Previous experience developing and administrating support contracts. Preferred
- Previous experience working with New York Independent System Operator Open Access Transmission Tariff. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel throughout Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies 24/7 as required by system conditions
- Requires ability to walk extensively, work at elevations, in confined spaces, in extreme heat, cold and noisy environments.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to wear PPE as required.
- Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.