Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop artifacts such as reference architectures and play books and ensure adherence to the established architecture standards across the entire organization. Establishes architectural designs around one or more technology domains (e.g. application, data, advanced technologies, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, Security, network, Dev ops, It-OT, etc.). Understand and define business process architectures where applicable to tie in with technical architectures (conceptual or actual/physical representations or models).
- Provides guidance and/or conducts system/technology designs, configuration, solution, and quality reviews. Helps coordinate with all internal IT (Information Technology) groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure technology is implemented to agreed designs and issues addressed. Reviews and ensures major architectural designs align with IT objectives and are flexible, and cost-effective. Supports and directs cross functional team members in adopting architecture patterns and implementing solution designs.
- Assist in designing and implementing architecture processes, developing tools, including installing, configuring, provisioning and testing software. Will be responsible for specific process governance, supporting daily architecture operations and providing services to customers. Once a internal architecture solution is deployed, become the technical lead in supporting the technology and process.
- Responsible for collecting and defining technical requirements for software products, prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies and help create road maps for adoption. Perform testing and problem determination for new components, working closely with manufacturer and IT project and application teams.
- Is curious and willing to put in the work and learn new tools, technologies, and gain expertise in technology domains. Share the knowledge continuously improving and learning together and become a SME. Helps develop robust designs, and implementation strategy that promote safety, operational excellence and enable smooth execution.
- Strong desire and initiative to lead and drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly and champion new concepts. Works directly with stakeholders and be a trusted IT partner to come up with solutions and solve for the stakeholder goals.
- Strong project management skills, quick learner, self-starter working with wide range of technical and non-technical audience. Perform project management functions within IT project team environments (manage schedules and budgets).
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required. Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Engineering or Construction or Business or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience; or
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing, developing, implementing technology within one of the following domains: IT-OT/Engineering, applications, data and analytics, integration, networking, cyber security, Dev ops, Cloud, Infrastructure, reporting, and other techno-functional areas Required
- Demonstrated project development and implementation experience. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required. Must be able to communicate and give persuasive presentations Required
- Excellent oral and written skills Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines simultaneously Required
- Understanding of technology solutions and experience delivering reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible business capabilities using technology. Work experience in techno-functional roles involving engineering applications, integrations, data and reporting can be counted. Preferred
- Experience maintaining relationships with IT, engineering and stakeholder teams to ensure corporate IT guidelines are followed. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate with technical and non-technical audience. Preferred
- Comfortable with planning (scope, budget, cost, vendor and technical knowhow) to introduce new technology and willing to put in the work to develop technical skills. Preferred
- A good understanding of IT standard policy, processes and procedures covering software development life cycle, incident, problem and change management is preferred. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.