Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage and analyze geographic data using GIS software
- Perform spatial analyses to identify patterns and relationships in the data
- Develop and maintain GIS databases and systems
- Create maps and other visualizations to communicate results to stakeholders
- Provide technical support and guidance to users of GIS systems
- Manage complex GIS projects from start to finish, including defining project scope, developing timelines, and managing resources
- Identify and solve problems related to data acquisition, processing, and analysis
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends in the GIS field
- Associate's Degree In Geography, GIS, or related field and at least 4 years full-time work experience with a minimum 3 years of experience in the GIS field or
- Bachelor's Degree In Geography, GIS, or related field and at least 3 years of full-time experience in the GIS field or
- Master's Degree In Geography, GIS, or related field and at least 3 years of full-time experience in the GIS field
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with GIS software, as well as experience with spatial analysis, data management, mapping, programming languages commonly used in GIS, databases and DBMS, remote sensing data, GPS, and web mapping applications. Required
- Proficiency in GIS software, such as ArcGIS, ArcPro, QGIS, or MapInfo Required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail Required
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders Required
- Project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously Required
- Knowledge of geographic concepts, such as spatial relationships and coordinate systems Required
- Strong problem-solving skills Required
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment Required
- Willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and trends in the GIS field Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for appropriate issues.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able and willing to wear PPE and be able to climb in and out of underground structures and perform field visits to different company facilities.
- Must be able and willing to lift items up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Must be able and willing to work in different conditions present in various facilities and underground structures in all service territories.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.