Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety ("EH&S"), Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO"), discipline, and security.
- Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Determines all distribution protections settings and automation coordination of substation distribution circuit breaker, reclosers, sectionalizing reclosers, tie-reclosers, counting reclosers and sectionalizers.
- Performs relay setting and fuse coordination studies for circuit faults, transformers, capacitor banks, and other equipment as required. The Engineer is competent.
- Provides supporting documentation including, but not limited to, operational procedures, informational schematics and single-line diagrams, and protection manual updates.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to provide settings as per agreed upon schedules.
- Responsible for organizing relay settings records, and other pertinent documentation.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders customers to investigate and mitigate reliability and /or power quality problems.
- Serves as subject matter expert on symmetrical components and related distribution circuit analysis.
- Has experience with Cooper reclosers and the associated software, or similar equipment.
- Determines relay settings for live line work and is knowledgeable of arc-flash studies.
- Has experience with Omicron test sets and the associated software, or similar equipment.
- Has experience with Aspen OneLiner, CYME, Distribution Engineering Workstation or similar software for performing DER interconnection protection and grounding studies.
- Attends departmental meetings and training, and serves on committees as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years in utility industry, specifically electric distribution engineering
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years; and PE License in utility industry, specifically electric distribution engineering
Relevant Work Experience
- Well organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Windows environments and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Project. Ability to learn new applications and operating systems as required. Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work well in team situations; be willing and able to lead and participate in cross-functional teams as required. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: P.E. License Preferrederred Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.