Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Design and architect databases using various database technologies including Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MongoDB and PostgreSQL server technology
- Review and evaluate technical documents and collaborate with developers, system administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure that databases meet business requirements
- Create normalized data models and schemas to represent the company's data requirements, ensure logical and efficient data storage and retrieval, identify appropriate indexing and partitioning strategies, and develop procedures for installing, configuring, and using database management software
- Provide technical guidance and/or assist to resolve database issues related to performance, capacity, or security/access
- Test, troubleshoot, optimize, and secure enterprise databases
- Write complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Author technical documentation, policy and procedures, and guidelines supporting database design, configuration, and change management activities
- Recommend and implement best practices to ensure efficient, scalable, and maintainable database solutions
- Review databases build state to ensure that database standards are followed and enforced through database functional design or configurable controls
- Provide technical guidance to database administrators to optimize databases use and performance
- Working knowledge of backup and recovery procedures to ensure database availability, protection from data loss, and restoration through disaster recovery procedures
- Guide database administrators surrounding the health, security, and performance of database systems and compliance with cybersecurity requirements
- Must be available to work off-hours as required to support deployments or respond to corporate emergencies
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and a minimum of (3) years of IT experience or
- Associate's Degree Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering and a minimum of (5) years of IT experience or
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of (7) years of IT experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Strong understanding of database security principles, such as role-based access control, encryption, and auditing Required
- Designing and implementing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes Required
- Hands-on understanding of data replication and high availability architecture and strategies to ensure data redundancy and recoverability Required
- Database monitoring, troubleshooting database performance, identifying and resolving issues, and conducting root cause analysis Required
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Relevant technical certifications such a Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Azure Data Fundamentals, and/or AWS Certified Database Preferred
- Other: Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 40 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, gloves, and safety shoes when required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.